Liam Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 4 Dec 2006 11:02:55 -0500
> I have successfully compiled with LD_LIBRARY_PATH set to include the
> unixODBC and gnu libraries but when running lsv_amin (and I assume
> the other binaries) as the listserv user--who does not have that env
> variable set--I get a fatal error as the library cannot be located.
> ldd indicates as much when LD_LIB_PATH is unset:
> 	libodbc.so.1 =>         (file not found)
>          libgcc_s.so.1 =>         (file not found)

There isn't any need to have lsv_amin linked against the ODBC libraries.
I would recommend unsetting the ODBC flag in the makefile and rebuilding a
new lsv_amin ('make lsv_amin') or just doing 'gcc -o lsv_amin lsv_amin.c'.

As for the LD_LIBRARY_PATH, if you want LISTSERV to use ODBC, you're going
to have to tell the dynamic linker where to find the libraries, which
means that you either need to add the library path on a system-wide basis,
or you need to at least add it for the 'listserv' user.  The quick way to
do so would be to export it from go.user, which sets the other environment
variables for LISTSERV.  Note that this will afffect the main 'lsv'
process and sub-processes, but *not* lsv_amin (which isn't spawned by lsv
and doesn't read go.user).

--
Liam Kelly
Senior Consulting Analyst

Interested in other L-Soft products?  See what else we have
to offer here <http://www.lsoft.com/products/products.asp>