Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 10:09:57 -0400
On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Warhurst, SI (Spencer) <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>In other words, is there a command that one can use to find out what lists,
>if any, a person is owner of? (eg: the owner equivalent of "QUERY * for

An individual may use the "lists owned" command to identify all lists
which he/she owns, however, there is no "lists owned-by" (or equivalent)
command which the site administrator can use to identify all lists owned
by a particular individual.

We host over 3,600 lists, so this is an issue for us. We have resorted to
the use of a perl script as a substitute for the missing functionality in
the LISTSERV product. Sample output is included below. I will post the
script itself in a seperate message. It may not be pretty, but it works.
You must be logged on to the server and have perl installed in order to
run the script. All of the usual caveats and disclaimers apply: no
warranties express or implied, use at your own risk, your mileage may
vary, etcetera, and so forth, ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

--- sample output ---
> lists_owned_by [log in to unmask]
Searching for lists owned by [log in to unmask]
nd-lstown-l.list
test-l.list
--- end sample output ---

--