Jose Maria Blasco Comellas <ZCCBJBC@EB0UB011>
Tue, 30 Sep 1986 14:49:29 HOE
As the (FRECP11-)  LISTSERV network increases in size, there  are more and more
lists  on each  server. Some  of them  are duplicate,  or at  least differently
named  re-distribution lists  from  a central  (old-style  LISTSERV) list.  For
example,  for the  REXXLIST list  (REXX Digest)  at UCF1VM  I have  found three
redistribution lists: one at UIUCVMD  (called REXX-L), another at FINHUTC (this
time called REXX) and  one at EB0UB011 (called REXXLIST). I  think that all the
redistribution lists from a central server  should share, if possible, the same
name (I  expect in a near  future those lists  will be peer-linked, and  I will
like  to receive  results  of an  hypotetical REView  command  in a  consistent
fashion). Even in the event that  the central lists upgrade to Eric's LISTSERV,
I think  we should  have to  give some credit  to the  list creators.  And, the
possibility  of including  (for  example, in  the  Peers= keyword)  differently
named lists as peers is only for desperate cases (i.e., MDxx), isn't it?

Any comment/idea ?

  Jose M. Blasco