Jeffrey R Kell <JEFF@UTCVM>
Thu, 23 Apr 87 16:17:38 EDT
not flaming at him personally, thought this might be well to be shared.
It is surely irrevocably 'bad' to send something to a server knowing it
will crash, and perhaps they should be omitted from the distribution (if
it doesn't cause more problems than it would cure).

However, the point I think that was missed is that the 1.5i version was
sent to FIX this bug (and others).  The problem was known, it was fixed,
the fix was shipped.  What more can you do?  Its like the time change bug
in RSCS, you know its coming, so you can do something about it or not.
If you are told there is a known problem, and provided with materials to
correct it, and you do not, and a failure occurs because of the known
problem, where do you point the finger?