Greg Kroll <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 16 Sep 1992 16:24:20 EDT
We installed version 1.7d of LISTSERV yesterday (Tuesday, Sept. 15) and I
found out today a slight difference in the way the "Local" keyword in the
list header is working.

Under 1.7c anyone at Virginia Tech (*.vt.edu) could send to a list set up
as follows:

Local= *.vt.edu
Service= Local
Send= Service

Under 1.7d this no longer works, if you are not subscribed and try to
send to this list you get the "not authorized" message.  If I change the
header to:

Local= *vt*
Service= Local
Send= Service

it works as before, under 1.7c.  Yes we have an alias set up in the nodes
file where VTVM1 == vtvm1.cc.vt.edu   and  VTVM2 == vtvm2.cc.vt.edu.
My question is, why doesn't it work the way it used to?  LISTSERV
should know that *.vt.edu is "local", however it treats it as if it
is not.  Any ideas?  We have several lists set up this way and although
I can change them I would rather not.

--Greg Kroll