Phil Howard <PHIL@UIUCVMD>
Wed, 15 Jul 87 12:42:18 CDT
I put up LISTSERV 1.5j and had problems.  This message is addressed to
Eric to the extent he can conveniently answer it.  I'm not sure when to
send mail to where to get it to him.

Since the regular distribution of 1.5j didn't show up, Harold sent me
a new one I hope was the same.  There were no specific instructions so
I just made a backup and merged the files.  The first time I started
it up, I entered a NODESGEN command and let it run for more than 15 minutes.
Then I reboot and started again, and tried to enter the NODESGEN command
from my own userid (first time was from LISTSERV console).  It said that
SMSG was OFF.  I waited and tried again, same result.  Then I noticed
that LISTSERV was using nearly 100% of a processor.  The only messages
received, other than from my archiver which always runs at the start,
was that LISTSERV 1.5j was up and running.

The last couple times I upgraded LISTSERV, some modules were missing, or
other something was left out.  I don't know what to look for.  Does anyone
have any ideas?

I am back on 1.5i and running again.  I figure if 1.5j is broke for me,
that 1.5k might be as well, since 1.5j should work, and does elsewhere.
Should I try 1.5j+1.5k?

I have no idea, and am stuck on 1.5i until a suggestion is made.

/phil