Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 27 Apr 2014 11:40:55 -0600
On Sun, 27 Apr 2014 13:19:46 -0400, "another customer"  wrote:

>I read the previous post.  As far as I know we just use sendmail so will
>we need to make modifications to sendmail rules for DMARC to work?

For sites still running sendmail who can't switch to Postfix there is a way
using Procmail if LISTSERV is running on its own hostname, such that all mail
to LISTSERV.EXAMPLE.COM should go to the LISTSERV service.

First, you would need to add the following to /etc/mail/virtusertable:

 [log in to unmask] listserv
 @listserv.example.com lsvproc

Generally, one needs to hash the file:

 # cd /etc/mail
 # makemap hash virtusertable < virtusertable

Then add the virtual user to /etc/aliases:

 listserv: "|/usr/local/bin/lsv_amin /home/listserv/spool listserv"
 lsvproc: "|/usr/bin/procmail /etc/procmail-listserv.rc"

And then your  procmail-listserv.rc  file looks like this:

 SHELL=/bin/sh
 VERBOSE=0
 PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/bin:/usr/local/bin:.
 MAILDIR=/home/listserv
 LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail.log
 DEFAULT=/dev/null
 SENDMAIL=/usr/sbin/sendmail.sendmail
 TO=`formail -xTo: |perl -pe 's/(\@listserv.example.org|<|>)//gi'`
 :0
 *
 |/usr/local/bin/lsv_amin /home/listserv/spool $TO

Obviously, make sure paths and hostnames are appropriate for your environment.
You may also need to allow procmail to run via /etc/smrsh.

(Note: commands and procmail-listserv.rc intentionally indented for clarity.
In actuality, they will not be indented.)