"Juan M. Courcoul" <POSTMAST@TECMTYVM>
Thu, 2 Nov 89 20:04:11 EDT
Greetings,

All thru the day, our LISTSERV has been receiving files from the userid
[log in to unmask] These files, which seem to be part of some larger program, are
naturally rejected by the server, as they are not valid Listserv commands.
At the time I write this, we have received 34 such files; a listing of
one is appended below.

Two questions come to mind:

1) Will this senseless transmission of irrelevant files continue, with
   the consequent waste of net bandwith and CPU ?

2) Has any other server been subjected to a similar bombardment ?

Thanks for your help. (BTW, C0@ESOC has LONG since been served out, but
that doesn't stop the flow).

Juan M. Courcoul
Listserv Coordinator
Monterrey Institute of Technology
Monterrey, N. L., Mexico

------- Sample trash file from C0@ESOC: DICK10 COMMAND ------------------

SET CLEAR
SET DATEFORM(YYMMDD)
PRTCNTL FOLDOFF LINES(66)
SET SORTBY(DEVADDR(A),SWAPINS(D),EXTFULL)
SET TITLE2 'SWAPPING REPORT FOR THE VM/Office 4381-13'
SET TITLE  'THIS REPORT IS FOR LAST WEEK ON PRIME SHIFT HOURS'
SET SDATE(-7) STIME(6) ETIME(22)
REPORT RSWA CMB(1H)
END