Marty Hoag <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 14 Apr 1994 16:31:41 CDT
   Is there any trick to allowing list owners to store the MAILTPL files
(others would be nice too) without setting up a file area for that list?
(Ie. for lists that do NOT have a FILEID/FILELIST set up).  I know how
to do that for lists WITH the filelist et al.  But there may be a way
to do that which I am missing...  How have others done this?  (It would
be nice for WELCOME, etc. too).

     Marty
Marty,

I've installed and tested the MAILTPL file for the KIDS-92 list.
It works nicely.  I may have a question later, but everything
worked smoothly.

I got this for one of the others:

> File "KINDEX MAILTPL" is unknown to LISTSERV, PUT request rejected.

I don't think we have file areas for KINDEX and KINDEXW.  We do
still get subscription requests for these.  Is it any trouble to
set up file areas for these?

                          Peace,  Dan

<<  Daniel D. Wheeler          Internet:  [log in to unmask]  >>
<<  University of Cincinnati     Bitnet:  wheeler@ucbeh       >>