"Swanson, Scott" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 6 Mar 1998 15:32:22 -0500
I tried to tune my qmail/listserv performance recently, and then I sent
out a large mailing to our announce-list.  The whole thing is crawling,
and qmail is not spawning the tons of qmail-remotes I feel it should.

One of the things I did was turn MAXBSMTP way up.  I now have the
sinking feeling that the proper thing to be doing with listserv and
qmail is to crank MAXBSMTP way *down*, since qmail is going to
blast it out individually anyway, and let the concurrentremote qmail
parm handle the scaling.

Does anyone have any advice in this matter?  I haven't gotten to
the level of source code tracing with qmail (because I've been
having other server crises), but I figured before I wasted too much
effort on a solved problem I should just ask the peers.  Advice?

Thanks in advance.
--
Scott Swanson
Sysadmin, CTW Online