"Keller, Richard (CIT)" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 13:39:13 -0500
I was thinking more in terms of the command sent via email.  When you
subscribe via the Web interface the confirmation messages goes to whatever
the user entered for their email address.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pete Weiss [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2001 1:37 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Forcing a confirmation email with SUBSCRIBE command

Read the "Q" and then the "A" I'm a bit confused.  I believe the WEB
interface requires a emailed (to the supposed subscriber) CONFIRMATION
when a new subscription is entered regardless of the second operand of
the SUBSCRIPTION= keyword.

Or perhaps the question was "when a list-owner does an ADD, can it force
a confirmation?"  (answer: No).

/P

At 13:23 02/07/2001 Wednesday, Keller, Richard (CIT) wrote:
 >SUBSCRIPTION=Open,Confirm
 >
 >When a user subscribes to a list, this configuration will send a
 >confirmation to the address in the 'From' line of the email.

Is
 >there a similar SUBSCRIBE command option that entered by the list owner
 >would send the confirmation message to the new subscriber?
End Reply