Spiros Liolis <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 18 Jan 1995 12:19:18 EST
Good day to all of you,

Yesterday, a problem appeared in my list. To begin with I should say that the
list is peered at UGA, PSU, and AU under 1.8a.
Also yesterday the list at AU moved from VM platform to AIX. And I did the
necessary/suggested changes at the Peers= field and the subscriptions.
They are all shown in their FQDN format. Before the list was moved to AIX
platform I used the NJE format.
Eversince the change, I received some letters from Listserv stating that
a possible inconsistency has appeared in the headers of the peers
HELLAS@UGA @UGA.CC.UGA.EDU @PSUVM @PSUVM.PSU.EDU @AUVM @AMERICAN.EDU...

I'm quiet sure that the headers are the same on all three peers. I was told
that a "checker" might be broken but I'm not sure about that.

Is there an explanation? Do you think that the migration to AIX is the
problem?
I must also mention that eventhough the values of the headers are correct,
the format is different. For example, the Notebook= field at UGA is located
in a different position than the one at PSU or AU. But so far this never
caused a problem.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Spiros Liolis...Owner HELLAS (The Hellenic Discussion List)