"Stringfield, Robert Mr." <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 16:15:37 +0200
ALL:

I am in the process of moving several high profile/volume DOD lists from one
ListServ site to anotherListServ site.  Lists will be going from NT (1.8d)
to NT (1.8d).

Is there a checklist available for this endeavour.  Some steps I know of....

*       Constructing Dirs on the target machine and ftping files directly.
*       changing welcome and farewell templates
*       updating headers to reflect current location of archives
*       etc.

What I did not see was how to update the web-based interface which is a
must.  That and any additional information anyone might provide would be
extremely helpful because the more I think of this something seems to be
lacking.

What about the users currently looking for the old system.  How are they
rerouted?  Will this be transparent to the all subscribers.  What should
they expect and what should I tell them to expect?

Any thoughts or advice would be truly appreciated for I would like this to
be accomplished as seamlessly as possible....

Thanks...
--bob

        Robert L. Stringfield
        DMS/PKI 5th Signal Command