"Michael R. Gettes" <CCMRG@BOSTONU>
Fri, 3 Jun 88 13:24:09 EDT
I am not sure if something like this has already been written, so
here it goes....            for VM People only!

It has always been a problem here how to deal with the problem when
too many files get queued for a dead link under RSCS. What we had
been doing for major problems was using an alternate rscs and redefining
the routes to force all files queued for the dead link over to the
alternate rscs and then just sptape all files under that RSCS userid.
Well, this always involved system programmer intervention for both
set-up and take-down of the temporary rscs. It was then desired to have
a program figure out which files were queued for the link in question
and then SPTAPE those files only, preserving the order that the files
were received. This is what I have done. This exec can be executed
by anyone with Class D privs and who is authorized to purge files
under RSCS - preferably a DVM (as in our case). I believe the exec
is suitably self-documented so that minor edits can be done to tailor
it to your site.

The file is available from [log in to unmask] The name is RSCSBKUP EXEC.
So send to LISTSERV@BUACCA GET RSCSBKUP EXEC BITNET

There is a disclaimer written into the exec.

                - Michael Gettes, Boston University
                  (617) 353-2780 (USA)