Michael DeGregory <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 5 Jan 2007 09:22:15 -0500
Hi thanks to all for your input on the Auto Delete properties, for the time being I have turned off Auto-Deletion on the problem list.

I had a question with regards to how come when posting to a LIST the email that gets sent to the recipient has the TO line as the list id and the CC as the subscribers email. I know it sounds petty but we set up a list for one of our clients and they seem to be making an issue of this. I tried going through the list owners guide but couldn't find a way to change this behavior.

The reason I ask is because our client made an issue of it, so we decided to create a LIST for them but send mailings not as POSTS but as a distribute job to the LIST. That way the subscribers email will show up in the TO line. The problem though was that probes are getting sent out automatically whenever distribute jobs are sent even if Probe(0) is configured on the LIST (according to the listserv documentation and my discussions with LSOFT). These probes were the reason subscribers were getting auto-deleted due to their vacation messages. The probe would keep getting sent out everyday and the vacation message was sending a bounce back and ultimately auto-deleting the subscriber.

I'm looking for a happy median. I want my client to be happy with the format of the email and I don't want probes sent out causing bounce backs due to vacation messages. Has anyone else had these issues? I was thinking is there a way to manually edit the auto-delete file for a list. That way when we receive the daily error monitoring report and see probe failed errors due to vacation messages we could maybe edit the auto delete file for the subscriber on that list. Any ideas?

Any help will be greatly appreciated and I thank everyone for their time. This forum has been very useful and I've learned a lot from everyone's input and help.

Thank you in advance for your time.