Wed, 26 Mar 1997 17:46:50 -0600
Hi, Everyone:

We have a fairly large mailing list running on IRIX Listserv 1.8c.
The mail has been forwarded to LSMTP running on NT 4.0 by specify
SMTP_FORWARD="my.lsmtp.node" in go.user file.

Last night we send out our weekly delivery and this morning we got
people from two domains complain they've getting multiple copies
of the mail. This only happened to people from these two domains and
no one else. Emails to these two domains have no problem at all last
week.

I check into the logs for LSMTP and Listserv and the mail has been
delivered just once. I contact both domain mail administrators.

One  administor look into their mail server and only found one delivery
come into their firewall last night (for a particular user that
complaint). However the mail will be sent to a Lotus Notes mail for
internal delivery.

The other one look into the log and see a lot of duplicates comming in.
They own their own domain and connect directly to SprintLink. Apparent
there is no ISP in the middle.

It look like the problem is at destination end, not our end. Does any
one have any idea what had happened here? Any suggestions to handle
this kind of problem, both from technical trouble shooting point of view
as well what to tell your customer when it happened?

Thanks a lot

George Tsai