Eric Thomas <ERIC@LEPICS>
Tue, 3 Oct 89 19:00:19 GMT
Duane, I  also get  this kind  of junk  mail, except  not just  from your
server but  from a large number  of them, and  I also don't like  it. The
reason is just that the CUNY-MOP link went down for several hours between
the  2 PUT  PEERS NAMES  command I  have  to send  to a  release 1.6  (ie
overseas) server  to update  PEERS NAMES.  The first  one makes  sure the
server doing the distribution will know  about all the new backbone sites
when I send the second one.

Anyway the message means DISTRIBUTEd files are taking a very inefficient,
one copy per recipient route, and if  I suppress it nobody will ever know
and it will never get fixed.

  Eric