Perrine Crampton <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 17 Nov 1995 17:31:40 EST
 Greg Kroll <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>What would help somewhat is if I had the ability to send a digest more
>than once a day.  Is this possible?

Sure! :-) Simply do the fillowing:

* Digest= Yes,H,Daily,Size(300)

This delivers the digest every time it reaches approximately 300 lines of
message length. I say approximately, because sometimes a message will 'push it
over the edge' and Listserv will either send the digest early (less than 300
lines) or send it with that large message, causing a digest of more than 300
lines.

>The "size" parameter on the Digest keyword won't work because it is not
>possible to predict the size of the digest on any given day.  What would
>be better is if I had the ability to send the digest twice a day at
>predetermined times regardless of their size.  I'm sure the answer is
>"no", but I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this and has
>devised a solution?

I'm not sure if this is working the way it should, but I have a digest set to a
size AND I also list times for delivery. I haven't figured out if using size and
time is a correct implementation of what you're looking for, but it might work.

Eric? Does using size and a time work as expected - I receive the digest at the
specified time only, and it's the size specified?? I guess this wouldn't be
possible and the digest would be delivered at the specified time UNLESS it
reached the defined limit. Right?

Perrine