Marty Hoag <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 19 Mar 1991 15:20:57 CST
   I decided LSTSRV-L was more appropriate for this request than
NEW-LIST right now...  Please reply directly to Ari.  Thanks!  Marty Hoag
I have recently revived something called the "Hebrew Users Group
Newsletter" in an electronic-only form. My original intent was to
send out an occasional (monthly, bi-monthly) 3-4 page digest of
information covering everything that appeared to be of relevance
to people interested in using Hebrew on microcomputers. Instead,
the "occasional" has been every 1-2 weeks, with about 10 pages of
information. (25-30K). As it happens, there is a tremendous
amount happening in this relatively obscure field, with some
spillage into general questions of dealing with languages other
than English on computers. (I have tended to ignore the part that
spills off into Bible Studies--there is a wonderful digest that
already handles that.)

The subscriber list is now approaching 100, which is
overburdening both the WELL's mail handler =and= me. Bureaucrata
are now demanding a significant chunk of the time I would
otherwise have to spend compiling the digest.

Does anyone know of a LISTSERV that might be interested in
hosting this sort of digest/discussion/database? I would prefer
one that already contains, or is planning to contain, related
information--either Judaica or issues relating to working with
computers in languages other than English. Who would I contact?
I'd like to set something up so that I can continue to edit the
digest, have the listserv handle sending it out and maintaining
the subscriber list, and have the listserv keep a year's worth of
the digest online and available across the internet.

E-mail me if you have any ideas. Thanks.

ari davidow