"Morris, Rodney W." <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:18:15 -0400
That did the trick, thanks y'all!

Rodney

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Kevin Parris
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 1:30 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Rebuilding index files

Just delete it and then PUT or web-interface-update the list-header.
Re-creation of the indexing is auto-magic.  Unless the particular list
has HUGE archives, it won't do any harm if you delete all the IND files
and let it reconstruct the whole set.

While trying to remove an email from the archives, I thought I'd go
ahead and edit LISTNAME.IND0710 file in the
Inetpub/listArchives/LISTNAME directory in a text editor.  Unfortunate,
this has resulted in the dreaded "The format of the index file is
invalid. Please try again in about 30 seconds, and report the problem if
it persists for more than a few minutes." error on the webpage archive
for this listserv.

How does one go about re-generating the index file for a specific
month?

Thanks for any help you can send my way.

Rodney Morris
Listserv Manager

Jenzabar
1401 Technology Drive