Kevin Parris <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 16 Nov 2009 09:45:54 -0500
The system administrator of the host where your LISTSERV runs can use operating system quota facilities to restrict how much space a particular archive directory consumes.  However, this is a very bad idea - it will cause LISTSERV to encounter operational errors (if the limit is reached) when trying to update the archive and possibly cause corruption of the archive, leading to complete loss of all the material.

If you have concerns that a particular list archive might grow to excessive size, remember that the list owner (or the site postmaster) can remove individual items from the archive at any time using the web interface.

As for jobs processed by the server, everything you need to know is in the LISTSERV system log file, accessible to the host system administrator, and there is some discussion in the site manager documentation, of the various types of jobs.

>>> subramanyeswari <[log in to unmask]> 11/16/09 1:39 AM >>>
thanks for your reply.  I have couple of questions.

Can we limit the archive size?  Is it possible?

Is there a way to know what are all jobs being processed?

Thanks & Regards,Subramanyeswari