"David G. McDivitt" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 2 May 1996 00:26:54 -0700
I have been trying to find a host for some mailing lists I'd like to start.
Attached below is a tentative sign-on message. The provider address is not valid.

I will gladly describe more of my focus if you desire. Please email me directly
since I do not follow this list. Thanks.

I am glad you subscribed to the FIX list. There are four lists, described as
follows:

       This list is for discussing fix-it perspectives for society in general,
       such as in politics, legislation, economics, education, etc.

       This list is for discussing fix-it perspectives resulting from religion,
       or other forms of supernatural influence.

       This list is for discussing fix-it perspectives having to do with
       behavior, psychology, therapy, counseling, etc.

       This list is for support of people who have a problem with their own
       fix-it perspective, or someone else's fix-it perspective.

This list is non-religious, and no proselytizing is allowed. If a religious
person is on the list, debates a non-religious person, the subject has any
religious aspect, and the conflict ends up wasting bandwidth, please be advised
in advance that the non-religious person has already won.

All ideological persuasions are invited and sought after.

When in a debate, the use of profanity or four letter words is not allowed while
making an arguement. Nonstandard English is allowed, when not debating, if a
person is so inclined.

When in a debate, the subject line of messages must remain the same, and
messages within that subject should be relative.

If anyone has a problem with someone else on the list, post the problem on the
list, or address that person on the list. Other people may then give feedback,
agree, or disagree.

Each of the four lists are separate, and must be subscribed/unsubscribed to
individually. To unsubsubscribe, send a message to [log in to unmask], the
word "NONE" in the subject line, and one single line in the message body,
saying:
       UNSUBSCRIBE SOC-FIX Fname Lname
Substitute the desired list name in place of SOC-FIX.

To get other available commands, send a similar message, but in the message
body, put a single line saying:
       HELP

Send me personal email at any time to discuss the list, or post your question
to the list.

Again, thank you for joining. Have fun.

David G. McDivitt