Richard Alan Schafer <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 29 Jun 1995 16:07:29 GMT
[log in to unmask] (Bill Kline) wrote:

>     I just read in another group where Dave Gomberg the owner of pcbuild
>is up to his old tricks of indiscriminate removing of subscribers just because
>he's the owner.is this another reason why list owners need to use some refrain
>when dealing with the public. One time a year or so ago, he kicked EVERYONE
>off because they were upset with him over his public flaming of subscribers,is
>there a higher authority for this type of owner?

Well, if Dave is the owner of the list, he's certainly free to manipulate the
list in any way he feels like.  If you don't like the way a list is run, *start
your own*!    That's not saying I think he's being reasonable or unreasonable.
(He can be both. :-)  But as long as he's not violating any rules for list
owners set down by the owner of the server itself  -- and those are usually
precious few as long as no law is violated -- then you have little recourse
outside of taking your discussions elsewhere.
--
Richard