Marty Hoag <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 10 Jun 1993 16:36:44 CDT
   I recently added the Topics= keyword and a Default-Topics= All
keyword to a list but forgot to retroactively set all users to Topics=
All.  I suspect that some subscribers then missed some of the
announcements.  I should have known better but just want to double
check my "reality".

   Specifically, what happens to a subscriber with columns 93-94:

a.    '  '  (blanks)  Ie. subscribers from BEFORE topics support in LISTSERV

b.    'AA'  (x'C1C1') Ie. subscribers from AFTER topics support in LISTSERV
                      This is apparently the "default default-topics" entry

   I THINK that AA must mean "none" or something.  AB is "other" and the
blanks seem to be seen as "all" (which is coded "//").

   Sooo - to correct my boo boo I think I have to extract the "AA" entries
and send the back items to them, right?

   Would "all" be a better "default default"?  Or rather, to have "  " and
"AA" handled as "//"?

   I want to make sure I'm not missing something as the list in question
is very large.  Thanks!

                         Marty