Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 29 Jun 1995 09:52:51 CDT
>With  version 1.8b,  you can  make LISTSERV  assign messages  to multiple
>moderators automatically through the use of the new "Moderator=" keyword.
>Simply  list the  addresses  of  all the  moderators  in  the group,  and
>LISTSERV will send  each of them a  fair share of the traffic  (ie if you
>have 4 moderators, each  of them will get 1/4th of  the messages). If you
>want a  particular moderator  to receive  more than a  fair share  of the
>messages, simply  repeat his  addresses until  the desired  proportion is
>reached. Each address  in the list corresponds to a  fair share. Thus, if
>you have 3 moderators (Joe, Jean and  Julie) and you want to send half of
>the traffic to Joe, use "Moderator= Joe,Joe,Jean,Julie".
>
>Addresses listed  in the "Moderator=" keyword  are automatically editors.
>Thus, if you  have a simple setup with just  one moderator/editor, you do
>not need  to provide an  "Editor=" keyword. For compatibility  with older
>versions, if no "Moderator=" keyword  is present, LISTSERV uses the first
>address from the "Editor=" keyword.

I have 1 quick question about this.  I own a list where I want to use
*both* the Editor and Moderator keywords.  Why?  Because there are
3 groups of people:
  a) people whom I don't know whose posts must be looked at
  b) moderators who will look at group (a)'s posts to approve/reject
  c) people who are trusted to post appropriate things, but who are not
       moderator's.

Would I set this up as:

* Send= Editor
* Editor = (listname of group "c" people)
* Moderator = (listname of group "b" people)

From the test above, I assume that the folks in the moderator list would
do not have to be in the editor list since Listserv automagically
includes them?

Chris Barnes                                 (409) 846-3273 (home)
[log in to unmask]                        (409) 845-9520 (work)
http://tamvm1.tamu.edu/~cbarnes/

       Money can't buy happiness; but neither can poverty.