Nate Eckstine <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:41:23 -0700
We create a proxy email address that we use to send to the list if a list owners doesn't want their email address advertised into the list.

The reply-to header in Lsoft adjusts how people can send mail back at the list

If I remember right the Anonymous post setting is only anonymous until you send a piece of mail.

--
Nate Eckstine (DoIT CityWide Webteam)

City of Seattle Department of Information Technology
700 Fifth Ave. Suite 2700
Seattle, WA 98124-4709   USA

Work (206) 733-9658
Fax (206) 684-0911

On 10/22/2007 12:27, Ben Parker wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:04:41 -0400, Neil Carson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> IN the web interface where is the settings to set a list to anonymous postings ? What I mean is, when I post to the list I want the msg to say FROM: The-List and not my email address.
>
> Messages are never From: the list-address.  Internet mail standards require
> the From: address reflect the author of the message, i.e. the person who wrote
> it.  LISTSERV obeys this standard and does not provide any way for you to
> change it.

See section 3.6.2 of RFC 2822 <http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2822.txt> for a
discussion of originator fields (from, sender, reply-to) in email messages.

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team