Chris Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 10:46:18 -0700
Hi Listserv Friends,

We have recently moved our listserv to another computer and another IP
addresses. We also changed the directory structure of where the archive
files are stored. The switch went smoothly. All seems to be working
well.

But some users are having problems accessing archive files. When they
click on the link, they're getting a message that the log file doesn't
exist and it lists off the OLD local directory for the files.

For instance, they go to:
http://listserv.plattecanyon.com/archives/toolbook.html

And they click on a link to an archive December 2002, week 3, as an
example.

I see the archives just fine.

They get the following message:

-------
The archive files could not be accessed, either because the list does
not have Web-accessible archives or because they are being updated. If
you know that the list has Web archives, please try again in about 30
seconds, and report the problem if it persists for more than a few
minutes. The file that could not be opened is
'D:\INETPUB\WWWROOT\WHATHELPS\WWW\LISTSERV\ARCHIVES\TOOLBOOK\toolbook
.log0303c' and the error code was 2.
-------

The hard disk path in the error message is the OLD one. It's wrong! Why
would it still be there?

Any thoughts, tips, suggestions, solutions?

Chris Bell
-----