Fri, 28 Dec 2007 15:18:22 -0500
I am just starting to play with RSS using Listserv 15.5.  All of our list
archives are private so users have to log in to view them on the web.  If
I use the Live Feed feature of Firefox  after logging in to the listserv
web interface, it works fine.  If I am not logged in, it prompts me to log
in and then I can try the live feed link again and get the posted message.
 Awkward, but workable.

The problem is when someone tries to access it using some other RSS feed
reader that doesn't prompt for authentication.  I confess to being
somewhat of a newb when it comes to RSS, and perhaps this is just the way
it is with the technology, but is there a way around the issue?

--
The Kool-Aid from Redmond is powerful stuff.  -- Gregg Eldred

William Brown
Web Development & Messaging Services
Technology Services, WNYRIC, Erie 1 BOCES