Darren Evans-Young <DARREN@UA1VM>
Tue, 23 May 89 17:44:06 CDT
On Tue, 23 May 89 11:15:23 EST Jim Jones said:

> Listserv sent me the following mail file today (and rightly so!), but
> I'm not sure who to notify.  Node CORNELLC is the regional INTERBIT for
> JHUVM, but I don't know why machine "asngat" insisted on looping the mail
> file to itself.  BTW -- when I noticed that UA1VM was in fact a BITNET
> node, I changed the VFORT-L subscription from U1AVM.UA.EDU to just UA1VM.
> Even though that will solve my Listserv's problems, I'm still curious
> about what the problem is/was delivering the mail message.
>
> -jj
>
> BTW -- I know that this isn't exactly a Listserv problem (although it's
> related).  Is there a better forum for these types of questions?

I did some checking and found out what I think might be the problem.
UA1VM.UA.EDU (129.66.8.100) is undergoing an address change and the
change was made locally before the name server was updated.  We have
since changed the address back to the original until we can coordinate
changing the name server at the same time.  Things should be back to
"normal" for now.

Darren
UA1VM Postmaster