Rick Broadhead <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 5 Dec 1991 20:49:12 EST
Hello everyone,

Can anyone help?

Melcir Erskine-Richmond of Simon Fraser University is looking for a site to
host a list on the United Nations.  A possible name is UN-L.  Can anyone help?
Please note:  I am *not* a member of this list.

Rick Broadhead     [log in to unmask]       ysar1111@yorkvm1

-------Forwarded from USERNTCP@SFU (Melcir Erskine-Richmond).  Originally
appeared on MARINE-L@uoguelph

I would like to remind all those who have sent letters expressing interest
in seeing the birth of a UN-L (to discuss UN topics), that we still have
yet to locate a suitable site and a sponsor/co-owner at that site ...
It has been an incredibly long year+ since I first raised the need for such
a list.  Every site which has so far been considering this topic has failed
to give me a sign of success in their endeavours.  I presume the long silences
have come about because of inertia or disinterest from their computing
services ... but is silence really so 'golden' (as the saying suggests)?
For my mind, success is golden, silence is illusory ...

I would like to stop worrying if there is some site which uses the first two
letters @UN___ as its header, and just ask if there is some site out there
who would love to host a future UN-L Discussion group???

For the good of the whole earth, surely some campus cares ...
Melcir