Jim Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 10 Jul 1991 11:58:34 EST
 Just received this mail and thought I should warn you all.  There's
 some automatted service at Ohio State that is not getting along with
 Listserv.  I've had too many mail rejections today, so my reading of
 these headers may be wrong.  But I think that Ohio State is sending
 mail out with a From: address that cannot receive mail.  And the
 mail rejection that comes back doesn't seem to trigger Listserv's
 "ignore this junk" tests right away.  In fact, I don't know what
 stopped this loop.  I've appended "*"s to the raw headers in the
 following note and truncated the file.  It went on for hundreds of
 lines, all similar to the lines that end this note.

 -jj

The enclosed  mail file, found in  the LISTSERV reader and  shown under the
spoolid 1995 in the console log, has been identified as a possible delivery
error notice for the following reason: mail  origin seems to be a mailer or
mail-daemon.