Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 26 Apr 1991 10:30:12 EST
  For the first time, I am about to try to upgrade our mailer software here.
Does anyone on this list have any sage words of wisdom to help me in this
task? After I complete this upgrade, I am going to push the powers that be
here at Temple to allow me to serve as NAD and full mail postmaster. Now, I
am only listserv postmaster. What I was wondering is what is involved in
these additional duties. How much time does the typical NAD/Postmaster spend
per week on keeping an eye on mailer?  How often do you need to upgrade the
mailer software and the associated routing tables? Finally, exactly which
virtual machines will I need access to in order to be NAD and Postmaster?
Thanks for your help. I am sure there will be other questions sometime later
since my learning curve in this area needs to increase rapidly. Are there any
special books somewhere on this topic?  A book would be great, though I doubt
there is one. How about some seminars and/or conferences on this subject?

Stan Horwitz
Listserv Postmaster
Temple University
Acknowledge to: OASIS@TEMPLEVM (or VM.TEMPLE.EDU)