"John F. Bacon" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 21 Sep 1993 22:34:44 GMT
If a LISTSERV mailing list is mirrored to a bit.listserv. news group can
you post to the group and have it sent to the mailing list?  I just
subscribed to the LSTSRV-L mailing list so, to some degree, I will generate
my own answer by posting this message instead of mailing it.

The reason I am asking this question is that I am a participant in a
fairly active (5 to 20 messsages a day) mailing list which is reflected by
a VAX running PMDF Mailserv v1.01 in a foreign country.  We are having
several problems including excessive message delay (up to 3 days).  I have
suggested that the reflector be moved to the US since 80% of the 200
subscribers are in the US.  The mailing lists primary network is BITNET.

Many people have been forced to drop the list because they can't handle
the volume intermixed with the rest of their mail.  Others have no access
to USENET.  It seems to me that the best solution would is a mailing list
mirrored as a USENET news group.  Then the messages can easily be handled
by both groups of people.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thank you in advance.
--