Nick Laflamme <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 13 Oct 1994 09:27:56 EST
On Thu, 13 Oct 94 09:12:19 EST I said:
>Ben Chi's FSV GUIDE suggests that
>
>LSVPUT BUSY MODULE (DELETE
>
>should delete BUSY MODULE from the UTILITY library.  I'm having a devil of
>a time with LSVPUT trying to do the rough equivilent.  LISTSERV keeps
>looking on disk A and not finding the file.  I found a FILELIST option, but
>I can't see that it's making any difference to LISTSERV.
>
>My LISTSERV is 1.8a, I just got the current LSVPUT off of it, and the
>check's in the mail.  Anyone got any suggestions of what I'm doing wrong or
>got any workarounds?  I'm hoping dearly to use a CMS Pipe to clear out an
>obsolete FILELIST of several hundred files, but if I can't get the DELETE
>option on LSVPUT to work, I'm going to get very frustrated very quickly.

Or, of course, I might just go into LSVPUT and figure out what's not
working.  *That* turned out to be fairly easy....

After the three lines in LSVPUT that say:
 * Updates to the code 11/25/88 by Christian Reichetzeder are          *
 * marked with *+* in the line or at begin and end of blocks.          *

Add the following three lines:

 * Updates to the code 10/14/94 by Nick Laflamme          are          *
 * marked with *!* in the line or at begin and end of blocks.          *

After these lines in LSVPUT:
/*+*/ When Abbrev('FILELIST',option,2) Then Do
/*+*/   Parse var options filelist options
/*+*/    If filelist = '' Then
/*+*/     Do
/*+*/       Say 'Missing argument for FILELIST.'
/*+*/       Exit 24
/*+*/     End

You might want to add:

/*!*/    else
/*!*/       expfilel = 1
/*!*/     end

That seems to do the trick, allowing both FILELIST and DELETE to be
specified simultaneously.  I haven't done any serious regression testing
to see what I broke in the process, but I sent the code north and east.

Nick