"Eric Thomas (CERN)" <ERIC@CEARN>
Sat, 9 Apr 88 01:16:41 GVA
LDBASE.COM was  supposed to  be an INTERACTIVE  access tool,  like LDBASE
EXEC for  VM. But  then it  seems to have  turned out  to be  quite tough
difficult  to  implement  (I  guess  the  problem  is  trapping  incoming
messages?), so  the entry stayed  here for a  long time without  the file
being  available. Jim  eventually decided  something had  to be  done and
wrote a user  interface for BATCH submission, which  is called LDBASE.COM
but is NOT  what the documentation refers to. I'm  waiting for a definite
answer to the  question "Can an interactive tool be  developed for VMS or
not" to decide what to do  exactly - I'm getting conflicting replies from
different sources,  and since I'm  completely incompetent on VMS  stuff I
cannot make anything out of the justifications, so I'm still in (enabled)
wait state... :-)

  Eric