June Genis <GA.JRG@STANFORD>
Thu, 28 Jan 88 14:12:13 PST
The discussion on GLOBAL has been going so well that I hesitate to
bring up another topic, but this came up in a presentation I made
this morning and I'm afraid I'll forget about it if I don't inject
it now.

It seems that a major concern of this potential group of LISTSERV
users was finding out who else is on the list.  While this can
certainly be done with REView, it turns out that it is also overkill
for what they want.  All they really want to know is who else at
their node, or perhaps who else at Stanford, is also on the list.
With highly peered lists such as as SAS-L this means a lot of wasted
info coming from the remote peers because I don't know of any way to
tell REView to limit the scope of the request to just that one
server.  Do other people think that such an option would be
desirable?  feasible?

/June

To:  LSTSRV-L(LSTSRV-L@POLYGRAF)