Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 21 Sep 1991 13:34:05 EST
On Thu, 19 Sep 1991 08:45:01 EDT Harold Pritchett said:
>On Thu, 19 Sep 1991 11:56:03 +0200 Eric Thomas said:
>>The IBM APAR addressing this problem (closed  RET - no fix will be issued
>>unless the  problem can be  reproduced with an IBM  application) suggests
>>that CMS release 6 is also affected.
>
>Does this mean what I think it means?  That IBM only guarantees their
>operating systems to run their code?

I have never expected  anything more of IBM which is sad.   It's also sad that
IBM has done  so well marketing mediocrity.   I guess its the  same reason why
junk food  establishments like MacDonalds do  so well, even though  they cause
major human illness and until recently have damaged the environment.

Stan Horwitz
Listserv Postmaster
Temple University
Acknowledge to: OASIS@TEMPLEVM (or VM.TEMPLE.EDU)