Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 23 Nov 1994 09:42:26 +0100
On Wed, 23 Nov 1994 01:25:54 EST Roger Fajman <[log in to unmask]> said:

>We are writing an automated  mail forwarding program for Microsoft mail.
>One option will be  to send a message back to  the sender notifying them
>of the changed address. We would like to be sure that such messages will
>be captured by the LISTSERV filters, even for Safe=no lists. I know that
>LISTSERV looks for subject lines that begin with "undeliver". What other
>words does it look for?

UNDELIVER*, RETURNED NETWORK MAIL,  UNABLE TO DELIVER*, DELIVERY REPORT*.
Above all,  you want to make  sure that your forwarding  program does not
send anything  when the return  path is  owner-xxxx, or many  list owners
will get upset.  Even if the message  is filtered, they have  to read and
discard it :-)

  Eric