Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 15:05:35 -0400
 >Yet another feature request: the ability to specify, in the site and/or
 >list template, additional headers to be included in outgoing email.
 >
 >This would allow site specific things such as disclaimers, copyright
 >assertion, etc.

List-headers are notorious for NOT being displayed in a user's mailbox.

In Eudora, you can customize via the .INI file e.g.,

TabooHeaders=X-,Received,Status,Message-,In-Reply,Prior,Mime-,Content-,enc
oding,Precedence,refer,Sender,Approv,Path,Lines,NNTP,Posting,Importance,UA
-,A1-,Alternate-,Originator-,List-

It seems to me that some enterprizing individual could offer third-party
gateways that could enhance LISTSERV(R) and mail functionality by pre- or
post- processing the input or output.

Of course we've seen some efforts e.g., list-netnews interfaces.  There
is a price to be paid, though not necessariliy in denominiational units.

/Pete