Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 10 Mar 1992 18:13:51 +0100
On Tue, 10 Mar 1992 10:14:55 CST Marty Hoag <NU021172@NDSUVM1> said:

>   In my mind the NAD "GET" access is usually used to prevent folks from
>getting multiple  copies of the  same file  (like BITEARN NODES)  at the
>same  node. Since  FTP  does  not use  store  and  forward linkages  the
>"penalty" may not be as great.

Quite to the contrary, the penalty will be worse if several users attempt
to retrieve BITEARN  NODES at the same  time. We're back to  the sad fact
that FTP is not suited for anything  beyond anonymous FTP and FTP of your
own private files  from another account of yours (with  the benefit of an
added  security exposure,  as  your  password has  to  be  sent over  the
network).

  Eric