"John F. Chandler" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 6 Aug 1993 12:15:00 EDT
> A proper gateway from one world to another should conform to
> one world on one side of the gate, and the other world on the other side
> of the gate.

Either I skipped too many of these repetitive messages, or there is a
colossal misunderstanding of Usenet gatewaying.  I don't know much about
it, but I certainly had the impression that the gateway is a separate
piece of software that runs in a completely different place from
LISTSERV.  However, it seems clear from these messages that Chris
Lewis believes the gateway is an integral part of LISTSERV.  If I am
right, then this *entire* discussion has been conducted in the wrong
forum.  Enough said.  Correct me (privately) if I am wrong.
                                       John