"A. Harry Williams" <HARRY@MARIST>
Mon, 25 Jan 88 09:02:02 EST
I have an EXEC called BITTRACK that can do such a thing.  It is designed
(well written in any case) to use 1 of four data files, BITNET LINKSxxx
as distributed by Chris Thomas(or imbedded in BITNET HELPCMS),
BITEARN LINKSUM(A listserv file) or even BITEARN NODES.  BITEARN NODES
takes a looonnng time, and it prints a warning when doing so.
It is not very intelligent.  It intentionally "breaks" the CEARN-DEARN
link, routing that traffic through the US.  CUNYVM is treated as a root
of a tree structure.  It does not know about OHSTMPA.  Is does not know about
loops, such as CUNYVM-PSUVM-CORNELLC-CUNYVM.  It has no help file.

On the positive, it does work for what it does.  It will print out the
path, issue commands along the path(one gotcha is trying to issue RSCS
commands on a JESx node), stack the path, it has comments in the Rexx.
It prints out a crude help for an arg of ?.  It will keep paths that
have been tracked in GLOBALV, allowing very fast recall of a path.
(I found I bittracked a path more than once quite often.)  It has
options to force reading from data files, instead of GLOBALV, and
it versions its GLOBALV database, and if it is given a data file
that is at a different level, automatically flush the GLOBALV data.
(It uses temporary(ipl) GLOBALV)

Now that you wade throught the garbage, it is on my Listserv, in
filelist MRTOOLS.  A simple TELL LISTSERV AT MARIST GET BITTRACK EXEC
will get you the file.

Harry