Date:         Wed, 25 Jan 89 12:15:03 EDT
From:         Mary Beth Commisso <OPMN@PACEVM>
Subject:      GONE Incident
To:           Henry Nussbacher <hank@barilvm>

I am extremely apologetic and embarrassed over the recent events involving
GONE and our user SSAT.  Please be aware, however, that Ms. Coppola, a
graduate student at Pace University, was in no way acting on behalf of
or with the knowledge or approval of either the Computer Center or the
University.  I have discussed the incident with her and have taken
disciplinary action.  In addition, an apology from her to you will be
forthcoming.

I have been assured that the statement that GONE has been placed on
another server is purely bombast and that no copies of it have been
redistributed.  If you find evidence to the contrary, please let me
know immediately.

Most disheartening to me in this situation is the statement that you no
longer wish to continue support of GONE.  Your contribution, and that of
other volunteers, is important and greatly appreciated.  I would not like
to see these good efforts ruined by the irresponsible actions of one
individual.  May I ask you, please, to reconsider.

I would hope, also, that you will not judge all the users at Pace by the
unfortunate measure of this one individual.  Again, my apologies.