Alan Winston - SSRL Central Computing <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 Oct 2006 18:57:58 -0700
My current issue:

LISTSERV 14.5  PMDF 6.2  VMS 7.3-2

We have a bunch of work-group specific mailing lists that have recently been
converted from PMDF aliases to LISTSERV lists (mostly so that there's a handy
web interface for groups to maintain their own lists, since few people
nowadays know how to use an editor on VMS.)

Managers here would really like it if, when you send

To: List1, List2, List3, List4

all the recipients could see which lists it was sent to, preferably via the
To: subject header.

(I suspect difficulties, since in the delivery process PMDF picks apart the
recipient line and sends each list thing through the LISTSERV channel,
necessarily separately, but shouldn't there be an Originally-To or something?
It would be okay even to have the original header appended as an attachment -
that is, a seperate message part - to the message that people could look at if
they care.)

Anyway, is there some way to make LISTSERV do this?

Thanks,

-- Alan

 Alan Winston --- [log in to unmask]
 Disclaimer: I speak only for myself, not SLAC or SSRL   Phone:  650/926-3056
 Paper mail to: SSRL -- SLAC BIN 99, 2575 Sand Hill Rd, Menlo Park CA   94025