Fri, 15 Jul 2005 09:28:12 -0400
"LISTSERV site administrators' forum" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote on 07/14/2005 02:47:00 PM:

> Yeah, I know about that, BUT we run Solaris, not Linux. :-(

If you are using sendmail, look into MMIMEDefang, which hooks into the
milter interface of sendmail.  It provides spam filtering using
SpamAssassin, and virus scanning using most commercially availble AV
products as well as the open source ClamAV.

I use the commercial version of MIMEDefang as a spam filtering system, and
ClamAV has taken a hugh load off AV at the mail servers.  (Getting rid of
the spam is a good thing too.)

There are also milters that just do AV scanning using Clam.

Clam is at http://www.clamav.net/
MIMEDefang is at http://mimedefang.org/