Chuck Kesler <CHUCK@NCSUVM>
Mon, 31 Jul 89 08:42:38 EDT
>Last question:
>  I have heard of a package that allows a user to register on a listserv.
>This registering would allow other users to make inquiries to the listser
>about a registered user.  I was under the impression that this package was
>called userdir.  I made a few requests to a list called usrdir-l and was
>informed that I was mistaken.

You're probably thinking of a prototype for a user directory service that
I wrote a year or so ago.  It was called USERDIR, and it ran on top of
Listserv.  But its usefulness has ceased now that Eric has written UDD
(User Directory Database), which you already have access to if you're
running 1.6a (or 1.5o?).  And then, of course, there is the WHOIS package,
which is a much simpler version of a user directory.

-Chuck
 VM Systems Programmer
 NCSU Computing Center