Peter Rauch <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 11:49:53 -0700
On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Amy Stinson wrote:
> I've run LISTSERV since 1997 with this contribution format.  Now all
> I want to do is reward those who do pay with something more than
> those that don't pay.

Think of it this way.... Those who subscribe have the
opportunity to post, or not, depending on whether they have
something useful to contribute. The REWARD for _all_, INCLUDING
those who have posted, is that the list is USEFUL to themselves.

Furthermore, the REWARD for those who have posted is that those
who haven't posted may someday post just the answer the others
need. And the further REWARD to those who have posted is that
_their_ postings may prove useful to someone else. Most of them
are probably going to have a greater sense of REWARD in knowing
that _their_ prior posting may be useful to _anyone_ than from a
selfish knowledge that only other posters will have convenient
access to their postings.

Peter