David Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 22 Aug 90 14:15:07 EDT
I've only been reading this list for a few weeks, so feel free to point me
to the archives if this is a well discussed topic.

Problem:
We distribute a fairly popular list on the Internet from one of
our Unix boxes.  We would like to gateway the list to Bitnet via our
LISTSERV.  Currently, the Internet list has two subscription modes: batch and
reflected. Mail to [log in to unmask] is immediately distributed to everone
on the reflected list, and archived on the home Unix system. I have some
automatic mail processing software that digestifies archived messages according
to RFC 1134 (?) and posts them to a Unix mail alias which gets expanded to
everyone on the batch mode subscription list. Once a night the digest is
sent to the batch mode subscribers and purged.

Question:
Both modes require no interaction on my part.  Can I set up a listserv list(s)
so native Bitnet users without using Interbit become transparent participants
in the list?  Every technique I thought of to intermingle subscriptions to the
lists resulted either in duplicate postings or partial postings on
either the Bitnet or Internet peers.
 *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *  David Avery
 *   BITNET:   DAVID@DARTCMS1                *  System Manager for VM/CMS
 * INTERNET:   [log in to unmask]     *  Dartmouth College
 *    SMAIL:   Kiewit Computation Center     *  vox clamantis in deserto
 *             Hanover, New Hampshire 03755  *