Jean Snow <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:00:43 -0400
One of our listowners is consistently unable to post .doc attachments
to her list, which allows attachments (has no Attachments= filters).
She is using Outlook 2002 on Win2000, specifically 'X-Mailer: Microsoft
Outlook, Build 10.0.6626'.

I can see in sendmail's logs that the arriving message is considerably
larger than the distributed message (presumably the attachment is the
difference), and listserv's log shows (obfuscuated):

Processing file 489654 from [log in to unmask]
-> Removing unwanted MIME message parts...
Processing mail from [log in to unmask] for ZZZZ-L
Rebuilding HTML page for ZZZZ-L...
Distributing mail ("ZZZZ-L") from owner-zzzz-l@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU...

Anyone seen this?  I'm guessing her mail client is set up to form the MIME
parts strangely, but I'm not familiar with Outlook, and if folks in
general couldn't use Outlook to send Word docs, I'm sure I'd have heard
about it.

I have searched the archives and googled, but haven't figured out
what Listserv considers 'unwanted' MIME message parts.  I'm sure
someone knows.....
PS: this is 1.8d HPO on Linux.

Thanks,  Jean Snow

--
Jean Snow  Production Systems Support
Enterprise Information Technology Services