Jonas Viik <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 14:52:26 -0500
Greetings!

We here at Computer Associates have recently bought a licsense for
LISTSERV and we're about to place it live.  However, I have a question
about people who wish to subscribe over the web.
In looking at other sites that use LISTSERV, I notice that there seem to
be two methods widely used for subscription:
1 - Where there is the mailto tag (HTML) and people write in the body of
that latter "subscribe listname".
2 - Where there is a prompt for an email address ( and possibly a name
also ), the user hits the submit button.

I would like to implement the latter of the two choices for our site,
yet I am not sure what the best way is to go about doing this.  I need
some help ( and soon, hopefully! ) on how to accomplsh this.  Any
suggestions?  Sample CGI scripts?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Jonas Viik